You might desire to sell on Indiamart as a business owner. Indiamart is the largest B2B marketplace in India, featuring a distribution platform for goods and services. It was founded in 1999 by Dinesh Agarwal, a former employee of HCL Technologies, and Brijesh Agrawal. Indiamart turned into a community over time, with the founders’ goal of making conducting business simple.
Indiamart connects buyers with suppliers all over India to fulfil their purchasing needs. It is one of the most useful sourcing portals for companies wishing to buy or sell products online. Indiamart sells a wide range of products and services, from clothing to industrial appliances.
Why you should consider IndiaMart?
Customers can get goods or services from providers who have registered with Indiamart. A list of suppliers that come within the relevant category is presented when a consumer enters Indiamart and does a search for a certain product or service. As a result, all linked suppliers are listed, making communication with them easy for buyers.
Consumers benefit greatly from payment security. The buyers make direct contact with the Indimart merchants, arrange a price, and pay a deposit to Indiamart. Payment to the supplier/seller is processed in less than 24 hours after the buyer verifies receipt of the merchandise.
Now let us look at different steps you should know to sell on Indiamart.
1. Register on IndiaMart Seller Central
All sellers who wish to sell on Indiamart must first register. The following are the steps to take:
- Firstly, Begin by creating an account. To do so, log on to Indiamart’s official website by clicking on this link. The sell option is located in the top right corner of the website.
- secondly, When you click Register, you will be prompted to enter your name and mobile phone number.
- Also, Ascertain that you are using an active cell phone number. You’ll find all the details you need about your Indiamart account here.
- Following that, you must complete the details about your business, such as the company name, email address, and other relevant data. Ensure that you enter a valid email address, as a verification reference will be sent to that address.
This concludes the first step of registering as an Indiamart seller. The following phase requires you to enter product information.
2. Adding Products to Sell on IndiaMart
If the registration process is complete, the next step is to enter the details of all the products or services you wish to sell on Indiamart. There are several points to consider in this step:
- firstly, You should ensure that the details about your goods or services are accurate and up to date.
- secondly, You should upload photos of your goods that are of good quality. This assists consumers in locating the items they need.
- The goods and services should have an acceptable price-profit ratio.
- If you sell a variety of items, you can categorize them appropriately for ease of access.
- Whether you sell digital goods such as music, apps, or something else, this should be reflected in the product details.
- You should mention if your product needs any extra care or handling. For e.g., if it’s a flammable product, it should be mentioned clearly how and under what conditions that product should be handled.
3. Start your Online Business
Firstly, After completing the preceding steps, the Indiamart seller dashboard will appear. The panel will display all inquiries and leads, product details, and statistics. Thus, your account is now configured and prepared to conduct sales. Now is the time to boost your sales by selling online on Indiamart.
Once all of the preceding steps have been completed, you can access the Indiamart seller login page. Sellers can upgrade their listings from free to paid. MDC is one of these techniques. Mini Dynamic Catalog (MDC) enables IndiaMART sellers to promote their businesses online and provides access to a new sales channel through which they can produce business leads across India.
ADVANTAGES OF A MINI DYNAMIC
The advantages of a Mini Dynamic Catalog include the following:
- Indiamart has a more prominent listing than the free catalogue.
- The Lead Manager Service is now available to you.
- Can manage the catalogue from a mobile device and a desktop computer, adding, updating or deleting catalogue data.
- Can accept calls from buyers via PNS – Preferred Number Service.
- Dedicated subdomain-based website for you to sell on Indiamart
- Direct access to Indiamart’s reliable payment gateway
Benefits to Sell on IndiaMart
1. Your business is open 24 hours.
The 24*7 availability is an added benefit for retailers or suppliers transitioning from an offline to an online business through Indiamart. Since Indiamart is available 24 hours a day, buyers can contact sellers at any time of the day. Time and space are no longer impediments.
This results in increased production and revenue. Additionally, since the job chain continues during the holidays, the company never stops. As a result, this advantage boosts the business’s competitiveness and performance. Buyers can contact sellers at any time of day or night from any place. Additionally, the product or service can be delivered to any place in India.
2. Increase in sales and profits
Indiamart has an enormous user base of more than 100 million customers. Every day, Indiamart receives thousands of inquiries. Due to the high volume of customers who visit Indimart regularly, the seller’s products gain increased exposure. This increases revenue, which results in enormous profits for the seller.
As the product exposure increases, interaction with other customers increases as numerous inquiries are received. Due to a large customer base, generating a large number of leads is easy. As a result, brands would gain widespread recognition among consumers. Additionally, it increases the likelihood of customers placing repeated orders.
3. Secure and Fast Payments.
Indiamart offers industry-leading security for payment processing. If the buyer approaches the seller, the two parties negotiate and agree on a final price for the transaction. Suppliers may either exchange payment connections directly with customers or submit invoices. Indiamart’s payment processing is lightning fast.
Payments generally take two to three hours. But it may take upto 48 hours. It is still better than other marketplaces that process within 48 to 72 hours. As such, it is one of the most advantageous features for people to sell on Indiamart.
4. Dedicated Lead Manager
Lead Manager is accessible via the seller account on Indiamart. It essentially aids in the organization and management of all leads conveniently. The seller can view all buyer communications from desktop and mobile applications and emails in one location. Several critical characteristics include the following:
- Unread Messages- To recognize and respond to unread messages from buyers.
- Missed Calls- To keep track of all missed calls from customers.
- Follow-Ups- To keep track of any business agreement with any customer, a follow-up or additional contact is needed before consolidating the transactions.
5. Easy to use platform
The seller dashboard makes it simple to monitor progress and keep track of leads. Following are some of the components:
- Dashboard: It is a customized dashboard that enables users to add, update, or remove information about their business, products, or services.
- Premium Services: Sellers who have chosen free listing have the option to upgrade to paid or premium listing through this tab. Customization and selection of paid services are available here.
- Company Profile: From this page, Indiamart sellers can control their company profiles. Sellers can add, update or delete content.
- Lead Manager: From here, you can manage your leads. All chats and chat history with buyers are accessible from this page. As a result, it aids in lead management.
Indiamart’s support team is available 24 hours a day to assist sellers with their queries and concerns. Indiamart Support has gotten more straightforward, as all questions can now be resolved via articles or by contacting an Indiamart Support executive. There are numerous articles in the Seller general support section that answer common seller’s concerns. It helps and provides guidelines for new players to sell on Indiamart without any issues.
Need Support With Listing Products & Selling online Products Contact Startupmed India’s best B2B Agency.